Oracle 8.0.4 client and Windows 98

From: Bruce Altner <altner_at_ari.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 1999 01:03:52 -0400

Greetings:

I am running Oracle 8.0.4 on an NT server at work and attempting to connect to it fron a client workstation running Windows 98. No matter which tool I try to use I get a message saying "due to advanced operating system features in Win 98 this may not work correctly" and, sure enough, the client programs all fail.

The "details" section suggests that a workaround may be found at www.oracle.com but I haven't found one even after hours of searching.

The same client software works fine under Windows 95.

Anyone know how to get the client tools (SQL Plus, Enterprise manager, etc.) running under Win 98?

Thanks,
Bruce Altner Received on Wed Jul 28 1999 - 07:03:52 CEST

Original text of this message