Re: Adding ON DELETE CASCASE as an afterthought...

From: C. Ferguson <c_ferguson_at_rationalconcepts.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 1999 15:50:54 -0700

Hi,
 drop constraint fk_seq_intrhist;
 alter table x add constraint fk_seq_intrhist FOREIGN KEY (x)
references other_table(x) on delete cascade;

Hop that helps.
Cindy

Don Hall wrote:

Is it possible to modify a column constraint, currently defined as a foreign key, to add the "ON DELETE CASCADE" option?   When using the following command:

ALTER TABLE INTRHIST_TICK
MODIFY  SEQ_INTRHIST NUMBER(7)
     CONSTRAINT fk_seq_intrhist  ON DELETE CASCADE
     *
     ORA-02253: constraint specification not allowed here  ... is the message.

Do I have to drop/recreate the table...or is my command syntax incorrect?

Thanks,
Don