FORMS with maps?

From: J.Scheichenzuber <Josef.Scheichenzuber_at_gla.bayern.de>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 1999 16:30:25 +0200

Hi,

does anyone know how to integrate interactive maps into Oracle Forms, so that it is possible to select an object first on a (zoomable) map by mouse click and then getting the form with the appropriate attribute data or vice versa?

I'm dreaming about that it runs on the traditional client-server solution (2-tier) with Oracle Forms as well as on the thin-client solution (3-tier with Developer Server for deploying the forms into the web) without modification.
Is it really a dream?

I heart about MapObjects (from ESRI), but with MapObjects the clients are bound to a Windows plattform and furthermore the above mentioned 3-tier-architecture with Oracle Developer Server should be a problem!?

Is there any experience with Oracle Forms and (interactive) maps?

Thanks for tips.
Greetings from
Josef Received on Tue Jul 27 1999 - 16:30:25 CEST

Original text of this message