Re: Direct access over SQL*Net to a oracle database without ODBC from MSVC++

From: Thomas Bregulla <Thomas.Bregulla_at_T-Mobil.de>
Date: 27 Jul 1999 14:16:15 +0200

Hi,

You are not programming the SQL*Net API, but the Oracle Call Interface, OCI or, with PreCompiler Embedded SQL. (Not necessarily more comfortable ;-)

you have the following advantages:
o faster access, since there is no layer in between o direct access to the Oracle SQL Language

disadvantages:
o Loss of Portability between databases.

You find the Documentation together with the development software of Oracle. (At least .pdf Files)

HTH,
        Thomas