Re: Mail merging to MS Word

From: Claire Moore <claire.moore_at_capgemini.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 1999 11:46:56 +0100

Jason Lester wrote:

> On Mon, 26 Jul 1999 14:48:10 +0100, Claire Moore
> <claire.moore_at_capgemini.co.uk> wrote:
>
> >Hi
> >
> >I am trying to create some mail merge letters in MS Word & need to find
> >out if there is any easy way to do this. Ideally we would like to create
> >the mail merge letters automatically without the user seeing any of the
> >nasty stuff.
> >
> >At the moment, I am doing a mail merge by creating a text file from
> >Oracle & then opening Word & using an Autonew Word macro to open up the
> >text file & do the merge. This is fine when the text files etc are
> >stored locally, but now I am having to create multiple letters on a
> >shared drive & will have problems with file naming if I use the same
> >approach. Does anyone have any ideas ?? Are there any Microsoft or
> >Oracle built-in tools that allow mail merging??
> >
> >Thanks in advance
> >
> >Claire
>
> I guess there is a reason you posted tis to an Oracle group. What are
> you using the mail merge for?? There are a number of Oracle products
> that handle mail merge, ADE (Application data export) and the Sales
> and Marketing module, for example.
> An idea of what you are trying to achieve might help a recomendation.
>
> Jason

I am using Forms 5 and Reports 3 - What is ADE? Where can I get some assistance on this. What I want to do is create letters that can be done from a button click on the form (using data from oracle tables). Is this possible using ADE?

Claire Received on Tue Jul 27 1999 - 12:46:56 CEST

Original text of this message