Re: Supress Built In Messages

From: Suzanne Edgecombe <Suzanne.Edgecombe_at_agso.gov.au>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 1999 13:04:01 +1000

Hi Shelli,

You can do a search on the FRM number in the online help and it will tell you the "severity" of the message. Some messages can be suppressed, others (with a severity of >25) cannot. I think the FRM message that you are getting is number FRM-40401, or FRM-40405, which both have a low severity value of 5, s these can be suppressed using the system.message_level built in.....

I would suggest that you try the following in your code behind your button....

declare

   oldmsg varchar2(2);

begin

  oldmsg := :system.message_level; - - this retains your original message level setting, any messages with levels above this will be displayed.   :system.message_level := 10; - - reset the level to higher than the messages that you want to suppress, in your case 5

 ...run your update statement here, and commit

:system.message_level := oldmsg; - - reset to the original level, so that you can catch any further messages.....

end;

let me know if this does not do the trick....

cheers

Sue Edgecombe