Re: Insert A Record In Forms 5

From: Neville Sweet <sweet.neville.nj_at_bhp.com.au.no_junk_email>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 1999 13:39:00 +1000

Peter,

Unless something new has been added in Forms 5 (versus Forms 4.5), there's no easy way to insert before the first record. One way to achieve your goal is to Duplicate the first record and then modify the existing first record rather than the new record. This involves updating the unique key of the first record, so you may have problems with database constraints or dependent child tables. I have tried this approach, and it appeared to work OK until I ran into multi-user problems. Because many users were duplicating and then attempting to update the same first record, there were problems with row locks. I eventually decided to use default forms functionality and not bother with this "nice to have".
Another option is to use default functionaity and immediately re-query so that the block Order By sequences your new record.