Re: Forms 5 or Forms 6 (etc. etc. etc.)

From: Jason Lester <jasonl_at_sysao.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 1999 15:28:16 GMT

[Quoted] On Mon, 26 Jul 1999 13:45:11 GMT, clint.redwood_at_bcm-ltd.co.uk wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I am looking at upgrading a system from Forms 4.5 to Forms 5 or Forms 6.
>I know that some of the functionality in Forms 6 would be useful (LOB
>support for example) but since it is still relatively new I wonder if
>anyone can tell me if there are any pitfalls with it?
>
>If you have used 5 and 6, which would you recommend?
>
>Thanks for your help,
>
>Yours,
>
>Clint Redwood.
>

>Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

It depends on whether you are using Oracle Applications or not (financials etc). All current releases use form 4.5, but 11i, which is due out in November (HAH!!), will use Forms 6, skipping forms 5 altogether.

Generally I would wait a while before using any new product that Oracle release, until they get the bugs out of it, but I think you're probably safe enough with forms 6.

It also depends on whether you want to web enable your forms...

Jase Received on Mon Jul 26 1999 - 17:28:16 CEST

Original text of this message