Direct access over SQL*Net to a oracle database without ODBC from MSVC++

From: Stefan Westner <stefan_at_westner.de>
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 1999 17:00:54 GMT

Hello,

[Quoted] we use Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0 to develop application for several databases. In general we use ODBC to access oracle 7.3 and 8.x. Are there any advantages to access oracle directly using sql*net's api without using odbc? At the moment we have to install an odbc-driver on every NT-machine on which our applications runs. If we could access oracle directly this wouldn't be longer necessary.

How could we access sql*net from our program? Are there any documentation available somewhere?

Thanks

Stefan Westner Received on Sun Jul 25 1999 - 19:00:54 CEST

Original text of this message