Oracle Transparent Gateway for Sybase

From: Petteri Jantti <pjx_at_hydra.cam.uk.internal>
Date: 25 Jul 1999 14:56:12 GMT

Has anyone any experience with Oracle Transparent Gateway for Sybase 4.0.0?

I have a Oracle8i (8.1.5) server that I am trying to connect to Sybase ASE 11.9.2 using the above product.

I am wondering if the problems I have could be due to the versions of Oracle and Sybase I am using and/or character sets.

The 8i is using UTF8 and ASE is using default (ie. Latin-1). I am aware that the character sets arent exaclt compatible (although shouldn't pose a problem when staying in the 7-bit range).

It falls over trying to connect to the ASE. The ODBC (yuck) driver returns an error from the Sybase OC library claiming incorrect username/password.

The particular username/password combination works perfectly for example with a normal ISQL session.

Everything is runnong on Solaris 7 on SPARC.

Any ideas?

-Petteri Received on Sun Jul 25 1999 - 16:56:12 CEST

Original text of this message