Re: Database Error Trapping in Oracle Forms

From: DanHW <danhw_at_aol.com>
Date: 24 Jul 1999 00:27:12 GMT

>In article <7n3ud2$lv2$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,
> sqb99_at_my-deja.com wrote:
>> Hi All
>>
>> I want to Trap database Errors in my Form and give custom messages,
>> instead of database errors. I have written an On-Error Trigger at Form
>> level, and have been able to catch corresponding FRM-Erros, but have
>> not been able to trap SQLCODE errors, as it always return 0.
>>
>> I will appreciate an early response.
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> Shehzad Qamar

There are certain forms errors (from memory, maybe FRM-40508 for example), that report a DB error. Look for these in the error message. When you encounter one of these, look at at DBMS_ERR_CODE and DBMS_ERR_TEXT

You will have to identify the FRM- codes manually - look for 'unable to insert/update/delete' row ones.

Hope that helps

Dan Hekimian-Williams Received on Sat Jul 24 1999 - 02:27:12 CEST

Original text of this message