Using Delphi against Oracle?

From: DET <NotValidBecauseOfSpammers_at_ipipeline.net>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 1999 15:23:54 GMT

[Quoted] [Quoted] Is anyone using Delphi to write front-end stuff for Oracle? Is anyone using [Quoted] OO4O ocx to do so? If so, I'd appreciate any comments you may want to make.

[Quoted] I'm very much a Delphi newbie, but I've determined that you have the following choices for Oracle access:

  • ODBC. Slow and now always stable.
  • Delphi BDE. Requires the hugely expensive C/S edition. Way over *my* budget!
  • Interface OO4O ocx to Delphi. Actually, I'm not entirely sure if this is possible. Is it?

I'd appreciate an email to dt990723_at_pctc.com if you have the time. That address will disappear in a week or two to foil the scum-sucking low-life spammers.

TIA Received on Fri Jul 23 1999 - 17:23:54 CEST

Original text of this message