Re: WebDB on Solaris

From: Peter Sylvester <peters_at_mitre.org>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 1999 09:51:14 -0400

I got the Solaris version running, but only by doing the manual install. Look under the "support" directory on the CD for instructions. The webdb account has to have the password the same as the name for the scripts to work. (can change it after).

It seems that the webdb listener was built using 8.0.5 libraries, so you need a separate ORACLE_HOME for it. (I'm using 8.1.5 for the DB).

There is a patch on technet, but I had trouble with the sqlldr part; lot of duplicate records.

Peter