Re: Inserting in forms

From: DanHW <danhw_at_aol.com>
Date: 23 Jul 1999 03:42:40 GMT

>how can I insert into a table from a form with just 2 of
>the 5 columns used for insertion? I have a form with
>the data block for a table "borrows" containing only 2 of
>the 5 columns. the other three columns I want to insert
>with computed values (sysdate for example). My problem is
>that I don't know how to override the form's insert procedure
>and use mine. i've tried writing a procedure, but either I've
>written it incorrectly or i haven't used the correct trigger
>(I've tried the "insert-procedure" and "query-procedure" triggers)
>
>any help would be much appreciated

I'm not sure what version of Forms you have, but on 4.5, the trigger you are looking for is the on-insert trigger. Whatever you put here will be done instead of whatever Oracle would have generated. You will probably also need to put something in the on-update and maybe on-delete triggers.

Dan Received on Fri Jul 23 1999 - 05:42:40 CEST

Original text of this message