forms question

From: <sasubram_at_cisco.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 19:59:55 GMT

hi people.
[Quoted] [Quoted] I am having a small problem in my form. I don't know whether there is any solution or not for this.
before I go any further, let me explain how my form works. it has two blocks 1.dummy_block(no base table) 2. main_block(base table is a view) in the dummy block I have a radio_button field which has two child. Based on the user's selection of radio button I have to query the main_block. for eg. if user chooses radio_button1 then query all records for export_id = 1(doing it by setting the block_property)

It takes almost 45 seconds to bring back 10 to 15 records when the user changes the radio_buton.
My project_leader wants me to query all the export_id together and then do the manipulation. I have a post_query in the main_block which selects the description.

Now What's the best way to bring back all the results at once (by setting default_where as 'export_id in (1,2)'and display 1 & 2 separately whenever user changes the radio? I tried so many ways... But I am really frustrated now.

when I run this query in the sqlplus session, it doesn't take more than 1/2 a second. we know it's network problem and that's why she is asking me to reduce the trafic by going to the db only once.

please send me some suggestions.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Thu Jul 22 1999 - 21:59:55 CEST

Original text of this message