Connecting Developer/2000 to local database

From: Leonwhea <leonwhea_at_aol.com>
Date: 22 Jul 1999 07:00:06 GMT

[Quoted] [Quoted] Does anyone know needs to be done for Developer/2000 to connect to the local database?

[Quoted] [Quoted] On trying to connect any Developer/2000 (Release 2.1) application to my local [Quoted] [Quoted] Oracle 8 Personal Edition database (Version 8.0.4.0.0), the application hangs [Quoted] [Quoted] with the hourglass and the "Working" message. It's all on Windows 98.

Installing a network card made no difference.

I'm also not sure whether to choose TCP/IP or SPX or Named Pipes when setting [Quoted] [Quoted] up a database alias. Nor what TCP/IP Host Name or SPX Service Name or Named [Quoted] Pipes Server I should specify.

[Quoted] Thanks in advance,

Leon Received on Thu Jul 22 1999 - 09:00:06 CEST

Original text of this message