3 tier system using other than Java client

From: Brian Howard <bh_at_creditwatch-inc.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 00:24:56 GMT

I know that oracle has been pushing the 3-tier, java browser client architecture. I need to establish a basic 3-tier architecture as well; however, I want to do it using no Java, but windows-based thin clients. I want to have the database on one server, two application servers and then a bunch of thin clients. Is there anything which would prevent me from placing the client portion on the app server and using a product like Cytrix Meta Frame to push the picture out to the thin clients. This would give the thin clients total access to the database and also to any applications like MS Office Pro, etc. This way I could also avoid programming in JAVA which I am totally uncomfortable with. Should this work or is there something in Oracle which would prevent it? Received on Thu Jul 22 1999 - 02:24:56 CEST

Original text of this message