Custom Menu on Form

From: Shelli D. Orton <shelli.orton_at_crha-health.ab.ca>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 1999 20:34:14 GMT

[Quoted] I have a table in my database with personnel information and a second table where the business departments are associated with people from the first list. Before I let the user delete a personnel record, I have a procedure that ensures the person is no longer associated with any department. It works great for my push button.

I would like to be able to do the same thing with my Record|Delete menu command but can't seem to be able to. The problem is my procedure takes the pers_id field from the data block and uses it in a query to see if it exists in the second table. The menu module has a compilation error because it references a block.

Is there any way to do this from a menu item, or should I remove it from the menu module and only let people access via the push button?

Thanks in advance,
Shelli Received on Wed Jul 21 1999 - 22:34:14 CEST

Original text of this message