Re: Transfering Records To Another Table

From: Courtney Wright <lili96ilil_at_netzero.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 1999 08:59:21 -0400

[Quoted] Yeah, my data goes from server to client to server. Table definitions... [Quoted] There are about five fields being copied from table to table. All either [Quoted] char, varchar2, date, or number and are less than 15 characters long. For [Quoted] each query, there are a few hundred records that are transferred. Is this [Quoted] what you wanted to know? I've only been working with Oracle for 2 weeks. [Quoted] Actually, one of the values that gets plugged into table2 is a variable that [Quoted] the user specifies. So would I have to do it this way? If so, I'd use the [Quoted] insert to another table command?

Or could I also do it the other way and just have the variable sent to the [Quoted] procedure on the server? This way, would I use the Procedure Builder? If [Quoted] so, could you give me a basic outline of performing this task?