F45. R25 problem automatically starting Report Server on NT4

From: Andy Hardy <aph_at_ahardy.demon.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 1999 06:44:27 GMT

Hi,

I call a report from my form. I have no problems with this on my PC *and* this used to work on the customer site.

Today I find that when the form is run and a report selected I can see R25SRV32 processing starting up in NT Task Manager, but it never appears on the screen and the report is never run. R25SRV32 then disappears from the tasks list.

If I start r25srv32 by hand and then run the form, the reports appear as expected.

Both forms and reports are held on a central NT server, registry entries for forms45_path and reports25_path refer to a sharename on the server. Calls are made just using the form/report name.

The customer says that they've done nothing, except make the NT server directory containing the forms, etc read-only.

Any thoughts as to what is happening and how to fix it?

Andy
PS Please also email replies as I'm having some problems downloading news. Received on Wed Jul 21 1999 - 08:44:27 CEST

Original text of this message