Re: ODBC vs Pro*c or OCI

From: David Sisk <davesisk_at_ipass.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 1999 22:46:44 -0400

Hi:

The OCI will definitely give you the absolute best performance and it's portable to any supported platform, but the API is a bit ugly. Pro*C is easier to code and is also portable to any supported platform, but doesn't provide as good performance, although it should still be quite good. ODBC will give you the highest amount of flexibility, the largest number of layers, the slowest performance, and the largest number's of potential problems.

If performance is what you're after, you can't go wrong with the OCI. That's what ERP systems like SAP use.

Regards,

--
David C. Sisk
The Unofficial ORACLE on NT site