Re: SQL*Loader Limitation?

From: Joseph E. Steinhauser <jsteinha_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 1999 14:03:14 -0700

> A few suggestions

[Quoted] ...although I would ad that I have usually run SQL*Loader on unix...

  1. If you think that your control file is doing fine, then focus on your data [Quoted]
  2. Try creating a 10 record file of 'test' data, that you have set up by hand, [Quoted] and then see how successfully you can load that into the table. If you [Quoted] can load that finne, then your .CTL file is working. [Quoted]
  3. For testing, use the Loader option to commit EACH record, one at a time. [Quoted] This way, any problems you have with records later in the data file cannot [Quoted] hurt you with the records before that. [Quoted]
  4. examine your 'log' files in detail [Quoted]
  5. verify the exact record lengths, paying specific attention to bytes used as [Quoted] [EOL] characters (ie: record delimiters & CR/LF ) [Quoted]
  6. check you data, to make sure that no tool/app that you are using would have [Quoted] modified the formatting at all/ or added any sort of "header info" etc. [Quoted]
  7. Try using the options "skip" and "load" to tell SQL*Loader to skip over a few records in the file - then load several records for testing - and quit [Quoted] before you get to the [EOF] [Quoted]
  8. If you haave any further questions from the newsgroup - try to include further details about the structure of the data, where it came from, the [Quoted] control file & command line options that you are using, error logs, etc.
                       ... I hope this helps...

                                                        Joseph Steinhauser

> > > Can SQL*Loader (used on NT server) handle partial records at the END of a
> data file?
> > >
> > > SQL*Loader log file reports records successfully added but when I query
> the data with
> SQL Worksheet it returns a count of 0. Can anyone out there try
> inserting a character at
> the end of their datafile and then run SQL*Loader against it. Then
> query to see if ALL
[Quoted] > non-partial records were loaded.

> 1) SQL*Loader reports Error 524: Partial records found at the end of
> the data file,
> 2) SQL*Loader log file says that all records were successfully loaded.
[Quoted] > 3) When I query the table, no records are there.
> Received on Tue Jul 20 1999 - 23:03:14 CEST

Original text of this message