Running Report from a Form

From: Shelli D. Orton <shelli.orton_at_crha-health.ab.ca>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 1999 16:07:29 GMT

I've written the following procedure to run a report and attached it to
a push button.  When I click on the button, I get an invalid id error.
I want to test for a valid id before I use RUN_PRODUCT, but NULL_ID doesn't
test for REPORT_OBJECT types.  I used this same code for another report
on a different form except report name is different, but in same directory
and it works fine.  What gives?  Is there something I should
be doing on the module to indicate where the report is?  I'm using
Forms/Reports 6.  Any help appreciated.

Shelli

PROCEDURE RUN_PERS_REPORT IS

 rep_id REPORT_OBJECT;
 report VARCHAR2(100);

BEGIN

  rep_id := FIND_REPORT_OBJECT('Pers_listing');
  report := RUN_REPORT_OBJECT(rep_id);

END; Received on Tue Jul 20 1999 - 18:07:29 CEST

Original text of this message