Oracle version of Informix Unload Cmd

From: <papakee_at_aol.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 1999 15:46:36 GMT

Informix has a handy little sql command for moving data between databases/applications called unload. This command would take data from a table, delimit it and write it to a file. The only thing I have found in Oracle is using select and sql*loader or export/import. Note that I am not looking to unload any database info, just pure data. Anyone have any ideas? I'm looking for something that does not require table ownership (like export) or having to explicitly know the column positions and field names (like select/sql*loader).

For ex:

unload to "file" select field1, field3, field5, field4   from tablea where rownum < 100;
or
unload to "file" select * from tableb;
etc.etc.

[Quoted] Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Tim

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Tue Jul 20 1999 - 17:46:36 CEST

Original text of this message