REP-1435 Value of column was truncated (Reports 2.5)

From: <djgupta_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 1999 13:14:22 GMT

I am trying to fetch data into a placeholder column through a formula column in reports 2.5 (Oracle version 7.3.4). I would like this formula field to be able to expand as more data is fetched into the field. Also, it should be able to contract to zero size if there is no data available. I have tried to set the formula field's vertical size property to expand or variable and horizontal size property to expand /variable. The repeating frame containing the formula field has expand/variable property for both vertical and horizontal size. I keep getting error 'REP-1435: <function_name>: value of column '<column_name> was truncated.

Can somebody please help. Thanks in advance.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Tue Jul 20 1999 - 15:14:22 CEST

Original text of this message