WebDB installation on Solaris

From: <tobyed2_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 1999 11:11:07 GMT

Can anyone help with a problem we are having installing the WebDB listener on our Solaris box (2.51), Oracle 7.3.4 DB ?

We have performed a "Typical" installation, all objects have been created in the WEBDB user (!), but we cannot connect using a browser (DNS name lookup ...).

When we try and run wdblsnr myserver 80 we get the following

ld.so.1: wdblsnr: fatal: relocation error: file wdblsnr: symbol sltstgh: referenced symbol not found
Killed

When we run wdbstart (as detailed in the installation) it exits the process and the listener.log file displays the following

  • Oracle WebDb Listener Version 2.0.5.6.1 built on Mar 5 1999 at 17:53:23 *** Attempting to Listen on myserver, port 80 at 20/Jul/1999:11:13:51. Fatal error: bind failed

??????
Any help would be MUCH appreciated !

Whats really frustrating is that we have been able to install it fine on an NT server ... Also the TechNotes.doc in the Listener/doc directory seem to apply to NT !!!!

Many thanks

Toby

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Tue Jul 20 1999 - 13:11:07 CEST

Original text of this message