Mac ODBC Oracle Config?

From: Timothy J. Wangelin <wangelin_at_i1.net>
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 1999 14:54:27 -0500

[Quoted] How do I configure the Intersolv Oracle ODBC driver?

I am trying to access an Oracle 7.3.4 database on Solaris 2.5, and an Oracle 8.0.5 database on Solaris 2.5.

I have an old trial copy of Personal Oracle7 for PowerMac. I set up my tnsnames.ora file. I can do a successful NetTest on the Oracle 7.3 database, the Oracle 8.0.5 database with a SQL*Net listener, and the Oracle 8.0.5 with a Net8 listener.

I can use SQL*Plus to access the databases. I can also Telnet to the Unix prompt and run SQL*Plus from there.

What do I need to do to get the ODBC driver configured? What do I need to put in the Server Name and Server List fields? What other configurations do I need on my machine?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Tim Wangelin Received on Sat Jul 17 1999 - 21:54:27 CEST

Original text of this message