exp limitation in Oracle 7

From: <hansqiao_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 1999 18:20:42 GMT

Hello,

Recently I tried to use exp on Oracle 7.2.3 to export
a list of 3000 tables. exp failed, saying it cannot
handle so many tables. So

[Quoted] (1) What is the limit of number of tables for exp
(or

expst) on Oracle 7.2.3 ?

[Quoted] (2) What about the limit for Oracle 8 ?

[Quoted] (3) Can I use exp from Oracle 8 to export in
Oracle 7
?

[Quoted] (4) Is there a limit for imp on Oracle 7 or 8 ?

[Quoted] (5) any alternative way to get around the limit
other than breaking the list of tables into pieces ?

I am currently using Solaris 2.6.

I appreciate your prompt help.

Please send answer directly to

        hansq_at_hotmail.com

Hans

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Sat Jul 17 1999 - 20:20:42 CEST

Original text of this message