Forms 5 and Word files as OLE objects

From: JR <jose_raposo_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 1999 17:28:44 GMT

Hi
I want to have a table with template files (word documents), like
(id number,

name varchar2(100),
file long raw)

Now I want to have a form where I choose a template and launch WinWord with that template file. The file open will be saved outside database
(filesystem).

Up to now, I only managed to lanch the template file and change that file. If the user uses save as..., fine. But he will not :( So I must avoid the update update of the file... only that don't lanch the OLE server with double click.
At first glance, it didn't look that hard, but word don't have properties on the OLE importer, so I can't use the objects properties. Also the demos of forms5 only show how to interact with excel (which have a lot of properties).

Another possibility is to save the files on the database, but how can I copy the long raw column from the template table to the files table?

Anyone have a hint for me ?

Thanks in advance
Jose Raposo Received on Sat Jul 17 1999 - 19:28:44 CEST

Original text of this message