Re: Where to save Procedures?

From: Connor McDonald <connor_mcdonald_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 1999 14:22:28 +0800

Shelli D. Orton wrote:

> I have some procedures right now that I run from SQL*Plus, but I want to
> incorporate them into a forms application. Is it better to save the
> procedures as database objects or as program units on a form? What the
> advantages/disadvantages to each?
>
> Thanks,
> Shelli

Very much depends on what you want to do...

If your PL/SQL is doing a lot of data access and SQL etc etc then throw it into the database and take advantage of all that server power...

If its doing minimal data, maybe calculations etc etc or accessing a lot of fields within your Form, then keep them on the client...

Everything has it place... :-)

Connor McDonald
"These views mine, no-one elses etc etc"
connor_mcdonald_at_yahoo.com

"Some days you're the pigeon, and some days you're the statue."