F45. Problem using display_item fields in enter_query mode.

From: Andy Hardy <aph_at_ahardy.demon.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 1999 12:54:12 +0100

Hi,

[Quoted] I have a block alone the lines of:

pk_id, fk_id, fk_description

where the foreign key id is not displayed, but it's value is put in fk_description (a display item) through a post-query.

I have a when-mouse-doubleclick on the fk_description which brings up a LOV of the foreign key values and on selection both fk_id and fk_description get set.

This works fine until I use enter-query mode. At this point the LOV appears correctly, but when I select an item I get a FRM-40831 for the description field. This is saying that the value being read into the item is too long and it has been truncated. In fact the description field is now blank, but the fk_id has been given its value.

Any thoughts?

Andy

--
Andy Hardy. PGP key available on request