Webforms and Balancing

From: <coakleyj_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 1999 09:42:52 GMT

Hi everyone. I have a query regarding deploying Developer Forms  and  Reports on the Web. I am using Oracle Web Server 3 and  Developer 1.6.  1) Oracle web Server (Enterprise Edition) has "sophisticated" load-balancing techniques. In addition, Forms server has a product called "Metric Server" which also provided load-balancing.
 So my question is how does the load-balancing of the Web server interact with the Metric Server?  Can I use both when deploying my forms or must I use Metric Server?

  2) WeB Server 3 does not support transactions. Yet I can use
forms applications and transactions. This makes me believe  that indeed when deploying forms on the Web, I'm not  really using the Application server for the transactions -  In other words, the Oracle Web server is purely used as  a listener only. This would explain my first question. Is this true?

  3) I just wonder if WEBDB supports transactions

Thanks for the help  Coakleyj

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Fri Jul 16 1999 - 11:42:52 CEST

Original text of this message