Re: lack of quality of Oracle Tools

From: <owais_anjum_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 1999 07:02:45 GMT

[Quoted] In article <otvj3.76$8G5.4799_at_nsw.nnrp.telstra.net>, [Quoted]   "Scott Quinn" <scott_at_pacifictech.com.au> wrote:
> I've had some problems with Objects for OLE in the past but nothing we
> couldn't work around and I find the database itself great (and still
better
> than SQL Server) !
>
> On the subject of Disaster 2000 (Forms) and Pukegrammer 2000
(Prozac*C)
> however, I can't think of a single nice thing to say.
>
> These tools have so many (severe) bugs that they are practically
unusable.
> The bugs are so easy to find that there is simply no way that these
products
> could have been tested before release.
>
> As a contractor I've had so many occasions to call Oracle tools
support
> about problems with these packages that I know the staff there by
name. I
> feel sorry for these guys (who do their best to do a good job) because
their
> developers are giving them products of such poor quality to support.
>
> Scott Quinn
> scott_at_pacifictech.com.au

I had been a great advocate of Oraccle.....for as long as I was using Oracle database server. The past three months were agoniizing enough to think exactly otherwise for Oracle. I still think that the guys have done a wonderful job with Oracle server....but its a miserable and distressing situations on the other tools that they are providing.

There were three of them that bit me so badly...and I list them with a decreasing order of sting that they contained

Oracle AppBuilder for Java
Designer 2000
Developer 2000

Owais

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Fri Jul 16 1999 - 09:02:45 CEST

Original text of this message