Re: lack of quality of Oracle Tools

From: Scott Quinn <scott_at_pacifictech.com.au>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 1999 10:59:08 +1000

[Quoted] [Quoted] I've had some problems with Objects for OLE in the past but nothing we couldn't work around and I find the database itself great (and still better [Quoted] than SQL Server) !

On the subject of Disaster 2000 (Forms) and Pukegrammer 2000 (Prozac*C) [Quoted] however, I can't think of a single nice thing to say.

These tools have so many (severe) bugs that they are practically unusable. [Quoted] The bugs are so easy to find that there is simply no way that these products [Quoted] could have been tested before release.

As a contractor I've had so many occasions to call Oracle tools support [Quoted] about problems with these packages that I know the staff there by name. I [Quoted] feel sorry for these guys (who do their best to do a good job) because their [Quoted] developers are giving them products of such poor quality to support.

Scott Quinn
scott_at_pacifictech.com.au Received on Fri Jul 16 1999 - 02:59:08 CEST

Original text of this message