Re: Dynamic HTML

From: <private_comm_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 19:03:59 GMT

In article <7mkvfj$6o7$1_at_news.hstn.tensor.pgs.com>,   "Richard McNally" <Richard.McNally_at_pgs.com> wrote:

> Does anybody have experience of creating dynamic HTML pages with
Oracle?,
> can you do anything clever, like graphs, pie charts etc.
>
> Are there any examples on the web which are doing such a thing?
>
> Richard McNally
> Not sure of title at the moment
> PGS Not sure of company division name at the moment
> (WARNING: This is what working in the Oil Industry does to you)

We are developing a WEB application using OAS 4 and the PL/SQL cartridge. If you already know PL/SQL then this is the best way to go. I was supprisngly to find how easy and powerful the PL/SQL was. However, you also need to know HTML and JavaScript. For dynamic graphics we are going use Java.

We are also using Dreamweaver (design and testing) and WebAlchemy for converting the HTML to PL/SQL. Whatever you do DON'T use FrontPage, it will change you code to Microsoft rubbish and caused us quite a few headachs.

PC.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Thu Jul 15 1999 - 21:03:59 CEST

Original text of this message