help! different results from v$open_cursor and v$sysstat

From: Carol Kuczborski <carol.kuczborski_at_eds.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 17:42:32 GMT

We are experiencing an ORA-01000 max open cursors problem. We have been researching it for a couple weeks. Originally we were leaving cursors open from our Java servlet application. We solved that by closing our statments and results sets within scope.

Now, when we run our application under a stress load, and monitor open cursors with the v$open_cursors view, we see all cursors closing properly and none remaining open after SQL execution. However, we still receive the ORA-01000 error. When we run the v$sysstat view and look at the statistic named 'opened cursors current' we stadily see it growing and reporting that there are open cursors. When run both views at the same time, so the totals should match. But they don't.

WHY does v$open_cursors show no open cursors, BUT v$sysstat show there are open cursors???????

--
Carol Kuczborski
EDS/DEIS II

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/