lack of quality of Oracle Tools

From: Cyril Elkaim <celkaim_at_microform.fr>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 15:54:42 +0200

        Hi,

        This little message just to say my disgust of the OO4O. I'm astonished that Oracle was able to delivered such a product. I'm discovering new bugs (or *very* peculiar behaviours) practically each day. The last one is that apparently OO4O loses the current RecordSet when your are deleting many rows with the .delete method.

        The compatibility between OO4O and the Jet engine is very loose. There are incompatibilities between the same API of different versions of OIP (2.1, 2.2, 2.3) , etc, etc...

[Quoted]         When I debug my applications I expect that the tools I'm using are not [Quoted] in cause. But with OO4O I spent *much* more time finding workarounds with it than debugging my own code. Begin to become a little bored...

        I don't like Microsoft, but, in this case, between them and Oracle I choose M$. What is the interest to have a competition SQL engine if the tools you must utilize with it are unable to make the job done?

        Cyril Elkaim Received on Thu Jul 15 1999 - 15:54:42 CEST

Original text of this message