Sv: Other precompilers besides Pro*C????

From: Johan Wegener <xjw_at_xdde.xdk>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 09:18:31 +0200

<shockerman_at_my-deja.com> skrev i en
nyhedsmeddelelse:7mjfmn$2k6$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com...
> Does anyone know of any other precompilers like Pro*C that would work
> with Oracle 7.3 and would maybe allow me to use a host variable within
> a DDL statement. I'm getting that error in Pro*C when I try to do
> something like:
>
> EXEC SQL create table :tablenamefromc (rid number);
>
> The exact error is here.
>
> Parser error at line 66, column 24, file
> c:\practice\finals\byday\byday.pc:
> EXEC SQL create table :sorted (rid number);
> (1) PCC-S-02206, Host variables are not permitted within a DDL statement
>
> If you don't specifically know if this will work in another compiler
> could you suggest it anyways so I can find out. Thanks.
> James

Sorry to say that another tool won't help you. Although it is the Pro*C pre-processor that reports the error, it is basically the database kernel that does not permit the use of bind variables this way. Why don't you build your entire DLL statement in a string and then use EXEC SQL EXECUTE IMMEDIATE... to execute it?

Regards,
Johan Received on Thu Jul 15 1999 - 09:18:31 CEST

Original text of this message