Newbie Qn. LOVs and Record Groups

From: John H <johnw_horsey_at_DELTHISuk.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 1999 11:30:32 GMT

[Quoted] I've picked up the maintenance of a Forms4.5 application, and am having a bit of trouble understanding how to link LOV's and RG's.

Our application, for reasons I won't go in to, stores date information in number fields with a format of e.g. 990101 (1st January 1999) or 1020101 (1st January 2002).

I would like this to display this in the LOV as 1-Jan-99 or 1-Jan-02, and have been able to generate the SQL using an incantation of to_char(to_date(to_char(19000000+createdate),'YYYYMMDD')) which I have placed in the SQL query in the RG.

I regenerated the RG when prompted, and changed the LOV column so that it now expects a character rather than a number field.

When I try to execute it, I get an error saying it is unable to map the LOV column.

Ideas? Thx, J Received on Wed Jul 14 1999 - 13:30:32 CEST

Original text of this message