Re: SQL Loader 524 Error: How to Prevent?

From: IIFThen <msessions_at_aldensys.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 1999 16:56:34 -0500

[Quoted] Thanks for the email. Let me tell you what I did in more detail:

Case 1: Without end of file character

(1) Ran SQL*Loader against datafile with no partial records. Result: Log file said records loaded successfully. Good!

(2) Ran Oracle SQL Worksheet with same schema username/paasword_at_alias as SQL*Loader required. Ran the following query: select count(*) from table. [Quoted] Resultset equaled the records SQL*Loader said it loaded.

Now..

Case 2: With end of file character

(1) Ran SQL*Loader against datafile with a partial record. Inserted a character on the last line of data file. Result: Log file said records loaded successfully. Good! I thought....

(2) Ran Oracle SQL Worksheet with same schema username/paasword_at_alias as SQL*Loader required. Ran the following query: select count(*) from table. [Quoted] The result was 0!

I was hoping someone out there in Oracle land could replicate/disproved what [Quoted] I was experiencing. Still looking for a solution....

IIFThen

John Griffin <jgriffin_at_boyne.u-net.com> wrote in message news:378BA5FF.370762E1_at_boyne.u-net.com...
> IF the SQL*load file says that it has written records to the table then I
would
> believe it - it sounds like you are doing something wrong.
>
> 1. Please verify that the table name in the control file is the same as
the
> table you are checking with the query
> 2. Verify that you are using logging on to the same schema with SQL*loader
as
> you are when running the query i.e. you are not running the query against
> another copy of the table in another schema
> 3. Verify that the log file you are looking at has the correct timestamp
and it
> is the correct log file
> 4. If you check all of these and everything appears fine try using the
parameter
> COMMIT_DISCONTINUED=TRUE
>

> IIFThen wrote:
>
> > Well...SQL*Loader says all records loaded correctly but when I query the
> > table for these records it returns a count of 0. Try putting an eof
> > character or any character at the end of your data file(i'm using an
> > external one) and see if you can generate a nonzero count when you query
the
> > Oracle table. I'd like to know if I'm doing something crazy. FYI:
SQL*Loader
> > seems to handle partial records anywhere but the last line of the file.
> >
> > BTW: The data file that I'm loading is being ftp'ed over to a server and
I'm
> > automatically running the SQL*Loader program against it. Therefore, I
need
> > for SQL*Loader to reject all partial records especially on the last line
> > which I suspect is preventing my records from "actually" being loaded.
> >
> > Thanks!
> >
> > IIFThen
> >
> > Mark G <someone_at_hot> wrote in message news:378af1e8.0_at_145.227.194.253...
> > > I had this a few times.
> > > The problem is with the end of file so all records before that should
be
> > > loaded ok (well, it loaded all for me).
> > > I once was told that make sure a carriage return is at the end of your
> > file
> > > so sql*loader knows what the last record is. Also a carriage return
at
> > the
> > > end of your control file.
> > >
> > > Try it and see.