SQL*Loader: Multiple loads from one control file

From: <julien4280_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 1999 00:47:45 GMT

[Quoted] Does anyone know how to perform multiple table loading operations using only a single control file? I would like to be able to generate a single 'dump' file from a 3rd party application that can be used to animate my entire Oracle database in one fell swoop. For example, I would like to be able to generate a control file that looked like:

LOAD DATA
INFILE *
INTO TABLE "TABLE1" REPLACE
FIELDS TERMINATED BY "," OPTIONALLY ENCLOSED BY '"' ( COL_1,
COL_2)
BEGINDATA

1,"Hello"
2,"World"
3,"Hello"
4,"World"

LOAD DATA
INFILE *
INTO TABLE "TABLE2" REPLACE
FIELDS TERMINATED BY "," OPTIONALLY ENCLOSED BY '"' ( COL_1,
COL_2)
BEGINDATA

1,"This"
2,"is"
3,"some"
4,"data"

The problem with this is that SQL*Loader treats the second load as data rows from the first load. Can anyone think of a way to do this? Thanks in advance,

  • Julien

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Tue Jul 13 1999 - 02:47:45 CEST

Original text of this message