F45 can't save detail record

From: Sean McMurray <smcmurr_at_xmission.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 1999 14:24:59 -0700

[Quoted] In a master-detail form, my master record receives it's primary key value from a BEFORE INSERT trigger on the server. Forms 4.5 is able to save the master record, but is unable to save a detail record, because the detail record never received the value of the master record's primary key. This value is also part of the primary key for the detail record.

How can I obtain the primary key value after the master record is saved, but in time to use in saving the detail record? Received on Mon Jul 12 1999 - 23:24:59 CEST

Original text of this message