Re: Insert record before First in Forms 4.5?

From: Andy Hardy <aph_at_ahardy.demon.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 1999 15:58:15 +0100

In article <3789FB39.9FDD07CC_at_spamme.ed.ac.uk>, Fraser Boswell <Fraser.Boswell_at_spamme.ed.ac.uk> writes
>We have a table of including from_date sorted descending, so the most
>recent from_date is at the top, and we want to insert a new record above
>the first_record, which will carry the current date (sysdate). That way
>all records will still be in proper from_date order. We then have to
>cycle through the records so it is important that the records are Date
>ordered.
>So how do you sort it so that if you are on the first_record of the
>block, an insert will appear above it?
>
>Thanks in advance
>
>Fraser

I don't think that there is a way to get the new record inserted at the top.

Perhaps you could go to the first record, duplicate it and go up again and make the alterations...

Or, insert the record, post and re-query?

Andy

--
Andy Hardy. PGP key available on request