Re: Fast access to a BLOB

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 1999 11:41:18 +0100

I'd have to read the manual to check, but I think LOBs (and varrays) of less that about 4K are stored in line..

You might want to rebuild the database to  blocks of 8K to get fewer I/Os per large size LOB.

You might also look at the paramters relating to CHUNKSIZE

The index should make the most immediate difference though.

--

Jonathan Lewis