Re: Fast access to a BLOB

From: (wrong string) äth <matthias.spaeth_at_optimum-gmbh.de>
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 1999 11:51:38 +0200

Thanks for your answer !!!

>Do you have an index on the ObjID, or does the
>code have to do a tablescan to get to the Lob Locator ?

No, not yet. If this improves the performance I will build it.

>Are your LOBs stored out of line or would such a tablescan
>have to plough through lots of chained rows of LOB data ?

I read in the documentation that in line are only stored locators and the LOB data is out of line.
[Quoted] Does Oracle store data with a size of less then 2k (for instance) in line and data greater then 2k out of line ?

>What is the Oracle block size - is it engineered to be
>appropriate to the LOB size ?

db_block_size = 2048
[Quoted] LOB size is random (100Byte to 1MB)

Matthias Received on Sat Jul 10 1999 - 11:51:38 CEST

Original text of this message