Re: 9:38:03 +0100

From: Ted Linnell <edlinnell_at_acslink.net.au>
Date: Fri, 09 Jul 1999 09:53:01 GMT

[Quoted] "Scott Hahn" <scotty_at_superior-sdc.com> wrote:

>Hello-
> My environment,
> Oracle 7.3.4, AIX 4.2
>Problem
> My export seems to fail as it reaches two gig. command = exp
>user/pass_at_inst direct=y full=y file=/d5/oracle/export.exp log=/d1/log.txt
>
>the export fails claiming "Cannot write to export file" At that point the
>file size is by using ls -s 2097814 which if I am not mistaken is 2 gig
>
>Now I have all ulimits set to -1 which gives the oracle user unlimited file
>size, or so I think. Also the /d5 logical drive was created to support
>large files.
>
>Does anyone know how to work around this?
>
>I need help from someone who knows IBM's AIX specifically to confirm these
>things? Does anyone know how to confirm from the shell that 1) the user
>oracle has unlimited file size 2) That the /d5 logical drive supports large
>file sizes?
>
>If anyone can help me I would GREATLY appreciatte it. I am pretty lost.
>
>In addition can someone please tell me how I can export directly to tape if
>my tape drive is /dev/rmt0
>
>You can see I am not much of a UNIX admin
>
>Scott Hahn
>scotty_at_superior-sdc.com

  1. do a man ulimit. ulimit should show you the current max file size, can't remember the flag you need.

Ted.

| Ted Linnell                     <edlinnell_at_acslink.net.au> |
| BSc GradDipDP CNA MACS PCP                                 |
| Nunawading, Victoria , Australia                           |