HELP! URGENT! Database down!

From: Pat Lavery, Sr. <pl_at_creditwatch-inc.com>
Date: Fri, 09 Jul 1999 00:05:19 GMT

[Quoted] I have a database which I believe ran out of space on one of the drives to archive the redo logs. When this occured, the database shut down. I have since made room on the drive which had run out of space to store the redo log files but I still can't get the db back up and running. I can connect to the database as 'internal' but when I give the startup command, I get the following:

ORACLE instance started.
Database mounted.

ORA-0255: error archiving log 1 of thread 1, sequence # 3079
ORA-00312: online log 1 thread 1: '/disks/disk1/gte_files/redo1gte.dbf'
ORA-00272: error writing archive log

Attempting to dismount database .......Database dismounted. Attempting to shutdown instance.....ORACLE instance shut down.

HELP! How can I get it up and running again? It is an Oracle 7.1 database. Received on Fri Jul 09 1999 - 02:05:19 CEST

Original text of this message