Re: passing parameters in Oracle Forms

From: Frans Hovenkamp <Dieze_at_popin.nl>
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 1999 09:59:18 +0200

deleona_at_my-deja.com heeft geschreven in bericht <7m0fne$op9$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>...
>I am a new Forms developer. I'm trying to pass parameters between
>forms. I understand that you can pass parameters from a calling form by
>using a parameter list as an argument to the CALL_FORM built-in.
>However, how do you capture the parameters in the called form?
>Thanks in advance.
>

>Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

If you can build a parameter list and use it as an argument in a Call_Form statement, you have done most of the work. The part you missed (and it is hard to find indeed inthe oracle documentation) is that you can use this parameter in a WHERE clause in a block of your called form. Like this: tab_id = :parameter.parameter_name

You can use the same technique when passing parameters to Graps or Reports, but then you have to put a WHERE clause in the query (like: where tab_id = :parameter_name).

Once you know the trick, it's not that messy ;-)

hope this helps,

Frans Hovenkamp Received on Thu Jul 08 1999 - 09:59:18 CEST

Original text of this message