Re: Template in forms 5

From: Paul Dorsey <pdorsey_at_dulcian.com>
Date: Thu, 08 Jul 1999 01:39:37 GMT

First, you shouldn't even be using Property Classes. You should be using smart classes. Property classes only exist in Forms 5 for downward compatibility with 4.5.

In any case, your problem was that you should have built your property classes in a seperate form and inherited them into your template. If you look on our web site I think we have some old papers that explain the old template design that used that method. http://www.dulcian.com/vrad1.htm is the direct link to the paper.

I urge you to drop property classes and move to object libraries and smart classes. See http://www.dulcian.com/papers/formstemp.htm for more details.

--
Paul Dorsey
Dulcian, Inc.