Re: Backup and Recovery

From: Daniel A. Morgan <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Wed, 07 Jul 1999 12:39:50 -0700

> My company wants me to create some backup and recovery procedures for
> our server. Our server has Oracle8 Enterprise Edition 8.0.5.0.0 for
> Windows NT 4.0. We will be backing up three instances to tape and are
> currently running in noarchivelog mode. I wanted to know if there is a
> backup and recovery procedures template that I could use as a guideline.
> If anyone has a template please email me at: camposlm_at_navair.navy.mil.

I know of no templates. But I would strongly advise you to get those three instances onto three separate machines: You are begging for problems. And lets be honest here it isn't like navy.mil can't afford decent hardware.

BTW just what exactly is it about an unstable insecure O/S that the Navy finds so attractive. It scares me more than the Chinese having our weapon designs.

Daniel A. Morgan Received on Wed Jul 07 1999 - 21:39:50 CEST

Original text of this message